Tyler Joe Pickups
Do you coil split?
Do you want huge, detailed tone from your pickups?
KVG’s Tyler Joe™ Humbuckers were made for you!
Check it out — you can use a matched set of two Tyler Joe™s so you can run both in single-coil mode and they’ll buck the hum without losing the brightness and detail of two single coils switched together, with one single coil reverse-wound/reverse-polarity. How cool is that?
Or, try loading up a Strat with three Tyler Joe™s and have any combination of single coil and humbucker sounds at a flip of a switch. Tones to infinity at your fingertips. Mellow jazz to all-out thrash metal, and everything in between.
Now, let’s get one thing straight. These aren’t attempts to outdo the 1950s with a 1950s style pickup that’s more 1950s than pickups made in the 1950s! Everybody’s making vintage style pickups, and we’re happy to recommend a good one to you if that’s your thing.
Tyler Joe™ is into new tones. Not the same old same old. The other guys do that, but not Tyler Joe™. Oh, another thing: Tyler Joe™ is a bit of a perfectionist too.
Each pickup is hand made when Tyler Joe™ is in a creative mood, not when an arbitrary production deadline is due. That means a limited run, but oh what a run! You’ll need a mop to wipe up the tone dripping on the floor afterwards.
By the way, Tyler Joe™ takes requests. Nothing is more fun than creating a unique, one-off pickup that sounds like no other.
What’s a Tone Plate™?
Well, it modifies the pickup’s magnetic circuit, giving you huge tone, incredible note detail and strong bass with no loss of brightness.
▪ Standard Humbucker size
- Mini Humbucker size
- P-90 size
- Single Coil size.
- P-Bass split
- Jazz Bass single-coil size.
Many looks are available too:
- Black open face
- White open face
- Zebra open face
- Cream open face
- Chrome/nickel cover, closed
- Chrome/nickel cover, exposed pole pieces
- Black cover, closed
- Black cover, exposed pole pieces
- Gold cover, closed
- Gold cover, exposed pole pieces
- Chrome Gretsch Filtertron style
- Black Gretsch Filtertron style
- Gold Gretsch Filtertron style
- Chrome/Nickel gold foil style
- Black gold foil style
- Hex pole pieces
- Rail pole pieces
- Big Pole
Finally, many different temperature levels are available:
- Absolute Zero — 300 Ohms microphone level!
- Iceberg - 4K per coil/8K total
- Cool - 5K per coil/10k total
- Hot - 6K per coil/12k total
- Blowtorch - 7K per coil/14k total
- Flamethrower - 8K per coil/16k total
- Blast Furnace - 10K per coil/20k total